Thursday, February 20, 2014

Introducing - Mercy McCoy


Rootsy rock group Bronze Radio Return will be performing tonight at Crowbar in Ybor City, FL. The 6 piece band that formed in Hartford, Connecticut are on tour promoting their third studio album, Up, On & Over. It should be a great show in a small venue, but I must admit that I am equally excited for their opening band, a local group by the name of Mercy McCoy.

Following the roots-rock genre set by Bronze Radio, Mercy McCoy combines folk, blues and pop, finding a very pleasant combination. They are led by front man Stefan Scheuermann, who provides the appropriate easy-going vocals. I've had the pleasure of seeing Mercy McCoy a few times, and for me, they remind me most of a younger Dawes. (One of my favorites)

Appropriately timed, the group released their first EP this very morning. It contains four tracks, and I’m a fan on first listen! My early favorite is “Just in Time.” This EP joins an acoustic version of “Brighter in the Dark,” as the band’s first material available on their website.  I recommend everyone take a listen: http://www.mercymccoy.com/category/music/

Mercy McCoy should take the stage around 8:30pm tonight. Bronze Radio Return is also accompanied by Red Wanting Blue. Tickets are available at the door for $12

No comments:

Post a Comment