Thursday, March 13, 2014

Young the Giant - Round 2 from NYC


So while I was in the city two weeks ago, Young the Giant happened to be playing two sold out shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Even though I had seen them the prior Tuesday in St. Pete, I had to take advantage of being able to see them in NYC. So despite a rough start of once again purchasing counterfeit tickets and having to beg my way into the concert, the night turned around by the performance of Young the Giant.

Sameer and company definitely seemed to be fueling off the NYC Saturday night crowd. The younger audience sang and danced along all night, as the band played nearly the same set from the show I reviewed just two weeks ago.

They slightly altered the order of the songs, which I thought worked well. “Apartment” worked much better as the encore this time around compared to “Camera” in St. Pete, and moving fan favorite, “I Got,” up to the beginning of the set list forced the fans to start singing early in the night.

Highlights included “Mind Over Matter,” “It’s About Time,” and of course – “Cough Syrup” and “My Body.” Overall, I was happy to be seeing Young the Giant twice this spring. They’re a fun band and you won’t be disappointed seeing them live. And on a side note, despite having shady ticket dealers, New York once again proved to be a great location for seeing live shows!

CONCERT RATING: 3 Stars 

)

No comments:

Post a Comment