Saturday, February 13, 2016

Welcome to 2016!


First of all…welcome to the 2016 addition of The Only Music Blog. It is with great pride that I write this first post of the third year of this blog’s existence. I thoroughly enjoy provided my musical opinions, and it has proven to be a great way to track the many shows I attend.

As I look through the final posts of 2015, I’m reminded of just how high the bar was set. 2015 featured some great festivals and unforgettable concert memories. With 65 ranking sets and a superb top 10 albumlist, it is by no means going to be easy to top. But luckily, 2016 is already in good shape and looking to be yet another record setting year. Some early expected highlights:

  • Okeechobee Fest: A true camping festival in the heart of Florida, highlighted by 'The Only Music Blog' favorites – Mumford and Sons

  • A return to GovBall, the epic festival that left its mark back in 2014

  • A reunion with the Strokes, winners of the 2015 Concert of the Year

  • Another year of Twenty One Pilots, and getting to watch them make the jump to arenas

  • And finally…getting to see legendary Noel Gallagher at Atlanta’s famous Tabernacle Theatre 
Those are just a few early plans for 2016. It should be a great year and I hope to keep up with everything that occurs through it. But for right now, I’m already behind. Time to play some blog catch up. Just like Jake Bugg in 2014 and Dr. Dog in 2015, the 2016 season got started with a bang. This time, it was from a fan-favorite and member of the rock n’ roll Hall of Fame…..

No comments:

Post a Comment